For making this recipe allow 1 and half hour for approximately 6 servings
Ingredients for a large rectangular baking tray or for 25cm Pie round dish and 2 servings pie dish:
- 700g of plums
- 650g of red apples
- 310g of BONRAW coconut sugar
- 2tbsp of corn flour
- 1/2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
For the crumble:
- 150g of salted butter
- 200g of BONRAW coconut sugar
- 75g of coconut flakes
- 75g of desiccated coconut
- 180g of plain flour
- To make sure the fruit is clean, wash the plums and the apples thoroughly and soak them in baking soda and water for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the plums and the apples under running water and cut them into small chunks.
- In a bowl mix well the plums and apples with BONRAW coconut sugar, corn flour, balsamic vinegar, and vanilla extract. Put this mixture aside to let it rest.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crumble mixture. In a bowl pour the sugar and flour, mix well, and add cubes of cold butter. Using your fingers, start kneading and crushing the mixture until the butter is completely melted and blended with the sugar and flour and forms the right mixture.
- Then add the coconut flakes and desiccated coconut and mix very well.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees fan.
- Take the mixture of plums and apples and pour them evenly into the tray of your choice, then pour the crumble over the entire surface of the fruit.
- When the oven is ready, lower the temperature to 190 degrees fan and put the tray into the oven. Cook the crumble for 35/40 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, is recommend turning the crumble and covering it with aluminum foil to prevent the surface from becoming too dark or burnt.
- The crumble can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days, but it is recommended to serve it immediately after cooking and fresh. You can also heat it up later before serving and is suggested to add vanilla or clotted cream or maple syrup ice cream for extra flavours. It is still delicious to eat even cold.